Thursday, May 15, 2014

Take The Plunge!

     I don't know what you call it.  Maybe it's 'stepping out on faith'.  Maybe it's 'have you lost your freaking mind?'  Maybe it's 'you should have done this a long time ago'.  But, if anyone had told me three months ago that my husband quitting his job and coming home to help me in my business was a good idea, I would have asked them what they were smoking.

     We are on week two of this new endeavor and today we took another road trip.  This would be the second road trip in less than two weeks.  

     This particular kind of road trip consists of riding the gravel roads we traveled as teens.  Talking about who lived in that house and who might live there now.  It's about trying to remember if we should turn right or left, but not really caring because eventually, we will come out somewhere that is familiar. 

     Is this new adventure the easiest thing we've ever done?  No, far from it, we ain't spring chickens anymore.  In fact, it's probably the scariest thing both of us have done in a long, long time.

     But, ya know what?

     It may turn out to be the absolutely best thing we have done in years.

     I wasn't sure how it would work out in the studio, with him helping me.  I was afraid that I would have to look for mundane things to keep him busy.  So much for that thought, he kicked my butt today and we got more done in one day than I could have accomplished in two.  It was fantastic.

     I could go on and bore you with details that you would  just as soon not know, but I will tell you this;

     Life is short, do what you've always dreamed of doing.  Don't let someone steal your thunder and for goodness sake, don't worry.  Worry only gets you one thing, well maybe two things, grey hair and early death.

     Go ahead, take the plunge.

No comments:

Post a Comment