Thursday, May 29, 2014

And The Walls Came Tumbling Down

     This has been the worst freaking day of my life.  It's also been one of the most productive days too, but I'm not sure how that happened.

     I grew up with the iconic phrase of "honesty is the best policy".

     Well, screw that.  

     I think I must have a huge 'N' in the middle of my forehead.  I can't see it, but everybody else can.  It doesn't stand for nutcase, nimrod or nice.  It stands for NAIVE.  That's right, in big freaking capital letters.

     I also grew up during a period of time when having a good strong work ethic was a bonus, a wonderful attribute, a sign of good character.

     Well, screw that too.

     Maybe I should just play the system because all the other stuff hasn't worked out so well.  Yes, I made mistakes.  Yes, I should have asked more questions.  Yes, I should have been more shrewd, because it sure won't be fun watching it all go down the tubes.

     I'm really glad I quit smoking this week.  So glad that I really don't give a rat's ass if I stay a non-smoker or not.  Hell, I may put one in each nostril and both my ears and light those suckers up!

     I really did get a lot done today.  Maybe I should be sad and pissed off at the same time more often.  I'd even cry some more, but I've run out of tears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment