Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Day In My Odd Life

     The aroma of hair color is wafting down over my face this morning.  It seems like I just colored my hair the other day.  I did.
Since I used to be a hairdresser many moons ago, I usually do it myself.  This not only saves me a few bucks but also keeps me from having to sit still for a certain amount of time.  That was the only thing I didn't like about having a fleet of school buses.  I could drive all day and I loved the kids, but sitting still, waiting on an activity to end, drove me crazy.

     The last time I colored my hair I obviously had a bit more developer, that's the stuff that helps put the color into the hair, than actual color.  I ended up with a much lighter shade of brown than I like and it didn't take long for the color to slough off the grey.

     I tried to go "natural" a couple of years ago.  Thinking it would be best to bleach as much color out as possible first, I ended up with hair the color of finely polished brass.  Being a brunette all my life, that choice soon fell into the category of other not so wise choices I have made over the years.  My proof reader told me I looked like Maude on the Golden Girls.  She was right.  

     I was hoping that my grey hair would be like Mother's, nice and silver.  It wasn't.  So back to black I went.  Doing this myself may result in a missed place or two behind my ears, but I can't see back there, so I'm fine with that.

      My Silver Cat Studio, Inc. business of turning real flowers into lasting keepsakes has absolutely exploded in the last couple of weeks.  It's been a blessing and a dream come true.  Orders have been coming in almost daily and just this week I've received two from the state of Virginia.  Updating my website is one of the things on my to-do list and it isn't done yet, but if you want to check it out, here's the link:  www.silvercatstudioinc.com

     Learning some new techy things is still on the to-do list also and I'm working on that.  In fact, looking at the tool bar on top of my page, I have discovered a little icon that looks like the board used when film makers are shooting a movie.  They hold it in front of the camera, snap the top down and yell "Action!"  I also discovered that when I hold my mouse pointer over this icon it says "insert video".  Really, it's that simple?  Well, how about that!  I shall give it a try.

     I've blogged before about a crazy thing I do when it comes to birthdays.  I make up words to songs and video myself singing, then post it for the lucky recipient.  Last Friday was my husband's birthday, he was not immune to my array of talents.  One person suggested I should do this as a business.  Hmmm......just what I need, something else to do, I could call it Lucky Duck Birthday Ditties. 

     I knew it was too good to be true.  The 'insert video' isn't quite as simple as I thought.  I've tried three times and got nothing.  Oh well, I'll keep trying to figure that out.

     Today is my proof reader's birthday, she is not immune to my talents either.  May your day be filled with laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment