Monday, June 2, 2014

On the Edge

     I'm standing on the head of a pin.

     It's a very small space in which to be.  Nowhere to go......except down.

     I don't know whether to step forward or to step backward.  When I look down it seems there is an endless abyss below.

     I so desperately do not want to fall in that place because I don't know what's down there.  I don't think it is pretty, no not pretty at all.  Probably more like super duper ugly, like those creatures that lived under the bed so many years ago.

     Maybe if I just stand here long enough the abyss will go away.  Maybe if I cover my eyes, I can be like a child and think if I can't see it, it can't see me.  Maybe that will work.

     But then again, maybe not.

     If I could start running in little tiny steps, maybe the head of the pin would begin to flatten and widen while it spins, giving me more room to stand.  More room to breathe.

     I just don't know.  That's the worst part.  No answers.  No control of the situation.  No one to ask.

     I think I will just stand here a while longer.....and pray.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment