Wednesday, June 18, 2014

29 Out Of 30

     The article was about the traits of an empath.  Being an empath is having the ability to be affected by the energies of other people, even to the point of feeling what others feel.  Listed were 30 traits, all but one described me to a tee.

     One of the traits is being able to sense when something or someone is not quite right.  I've had this ability all my life but unfortunately have usually chosen to ignore it most of the time.  Many times the Voice, that lives somewhere inside my head, has been standing on the tarmac, hat on backwards, wearing goggles and waving huge red flags trying to land the An-225 Mriya, the world's largest airplane.  It does this to alert me to the danger, but another trait of the empath is always wanting to save the underdog, so I act like I don't hear or see the Voice.  The Voice then snaps the handles of the flags over its knee, throws them on the ground and stomps off in disgust.

     Having the ability to pick up other energies is probably why I don't like sports events.  If I do attend, I have the need to sit far away from the crowd.  Sitting with the crowd fills me with the feelings of the spectators for each team and that causes an overwhelming sense of just wanting to make peace.  Another trait.  If I look around, I will see the Voice at the far end of the baseball field, sitting in a lawn chair, wearing shades and occasionally swatting at a bug.  It usually gives me a smug "you never learn" smile and turns away, enjoying the game and the solitude.

     Discovering this about myself makes me understand why I don't miss the morning newspaper.  It would be different if it wasn't filled with sad or bad news, but it is and it can literally ruin my day.  It's not that I don't care about what is going on in the world, I do, but starting the day filled with negative energy drains me.

     Empaths love nature and animals. As a child, I was a true Dr. Dolittle and could get a stray kitten or dog to follow me home without much effort.  Most of the time, Mother made me return it. My husband is not an empath, Tigger already knows this.  

     Empaths are easily addicted to substance abuse.  That's all I'm going to say about THAT.

     They also love action and adventure.  I know this is true about myself because when I watch an action movie, I can be a super hero for days.  Just the other night I watched The Godfather.  Believe it or not, I've never seen this movie in its entirety.  It had already been on for about an hour when I found it and I watched it to the end.  I'm still fighting the urge to stuff my cheeks full of cotton balls and become Vito Corleone.  I've yet to see the part with the horse head in the bed, but it's probably just as well, or I'd feel the need to carry a violin case, or large cardboard box.

     Empaths do not like to buy antiques.  To that I will add they also do not like to go into buildings full of them.  Way too many old energies, so,  Na na na na do do to Lela and Blanche.

     The only trait that didn't describe me was not eating meat.  I do like my protein, in all its various forms.  I will now have to think happy thoughts with my next double bacon cheeseburger.

     Now that I know this about myself and know that I'm really not a nut case, I'm going to start paying better attention.  This should make the Voice happy, but as I glance over my shoulder, I can see it blowing smoke rings and I think I just heard it say, "Yeah, right."
     

No comments:

Post a Comment