Thursday, April 24, 2014

The List Goes On

The beat goes on, the beat goes on
Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain
La de da de de, la de da de da

Sonny & Cher, 1967

     In this case, I just change the word 'beat' to list.  The list goes on. I will have this tune stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

     The list got thrown a major curve ball today.  I knew I was going to probably do this, but forgot to add it to the list, but it's on there now.  I have a six hour road trip ahead of me today.  I'm looking at the list wondering if I should have taken this on, but it will be good to get out.  A road trip may be just what I need.  It will help clear my brain and maybe some new ideas will pop in there while the wind blows the cobwebs of old thoughts and issues out the window.  

     I love to drive.  I can drive for hours and never turn on the radio. I may have to today though, just to get the above mentioned song out of my head.  Getting behind the wheel of a vehicle allows me to be anything I want.  Think about that.  It's like what Ms. Sassafrass does on a daily basis, she pretends.  Some days she is a princess, some days she is a lion tamer, and the list goes on.  

     So, what shall I be today?  I'm not sure.  Maybe I will be a famous author, with a book on the best seller list.  I'll be driving to my first book signing, anxious to meet some of my readers.  Maybe I will be the next winner of the Powerball Lottery and I can 'spend' three hours one way and three hours back.  Maybe I'll be the next governor of my state and I will get rid of unnecessary offices that spend more than they take in.  I will say "Off with their heads" to silly bureaucratic groups and tell some of the union leaders to take a hike.  If I'm going to 'be' that, I'll be driving an armored car.

       Pretending is fun and we should probably take the time to do it more often.  A dream held in focus has a lot more probability of coming true than one that is just a random thought.

     Maybe I'll be me and relax in the knowledge that all is well.

     I might make it back in time to get another item off the list, but if not, at least 'road trip' will have a nice black line drawn through it. 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment