Thursday, April 10, 2014

Lifting Laughter

     This morning I found my self in a snarky mood.  Sometimes I think I'm an empath.  That's a person who can feel other people's emotions and even pain. 

     I had listened to a conversation between two young siblings yesterday.  They are usually angry most of the time.  They dropped the "f" bomb in their conversation about a dozen times.  I could feel their anger and then on top of it I thought how very sad the whole situation was.  These were not the two siblings who were with me, had they spewed forth that kind of vulgarness, well, let's just say it wouldn't have been pretty.

     I tried to shake it off during the morning paper delivery, of which there are only 16 days left, but it was still there.  Arriving back home I discovered I only had one tea bag, that didn't help my mood, because you can only milk one tea bag for so long.  I needed something funny.

     I scanned the newspaper and found just what I needed.  It was an article about the tumbleweed take over in Colorado.  This invasive plant is literally blocking roads, bridges and one woman, who was expecting, had to have the area around her house cleared for fear she would go into labor and not be able to get out.  One member of the clean up crew said it was like trying to gather up a whole bunch of kindergartners with balloons and keeping them in one place.  That did it, that made me laugh out loud because his analogy was so true.

     It's amazing what a little laughter can do for the soul.  I immediately felt better.  The snarkiness picked up its bag and headed out the door.  Good riddance, snark.  

     After my morning ritual of fixing my husband an egg sandwich I headed upstairs to get dressed for the day.  I went through the usual routine, fixed my hair, put on a little makeup, got dressed and laced up my shoes.  Then I discovered I'd forgot to put on my jeans.  That made me laugh out loud too and I wondered if I should venture far from the house today.

     Sisters Lela and Blanche are together in the great Southwest and today they are going to a dude ranch.  I should be there too, but that's another story.  Not being there means I'm going to be missing out on a lot of laughter.  Lela has a bit of 'horse woman' in her blood but I don't know that Blanche has ever been on one.  Big animals were not always Blanche's forte.  When they were younger, back on the farm, Lela would leave Blanche squalling along side of the road by simply telling her the cows were looking at her.  Their day should prove to be very interesting.

     I may not be there in the physical sense, but if my empath factor is working today, and I'm laughing out loud for no apparent reason, don't call the guys in the white coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment