Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Diary Entry

     Dear Diary,

     Oh what a splendid time I had ringing in the new year!

     We were invited to a local get together and what a great time it was.  There were lots of people we hadn't seen in a while, good food, card games, billiards and music.

     Of course Diary, there was dancing with the music and you know how I love to dance!  They even set up a make shift dancing pole.  Shall I tell you about the dancing pole, Diary?  No, I think not, there are some things even you don't need to know about.

     We even stayed up way past midnight, which is probably the only time this year that will happen.....what a fun night.

     Diary, I even stayed in bed until after noon!  Wow, I haven't done that for years and it felt great.  That may have helped attribute to the fact that I was actually able to move when I did decide to get out of bed.  Since I danced like a fool last night, I took the option of not exercising today and since it felt like Sunday, it was a good day for rest.  Plus, I read an article today about exercise being linked to longevity.  If that's true, I should be good for another 100 years.

     Diary, I had the most fascinating dream this morning.  I was outside in the backyard and it had been raining.  It had obviously rained a lot because everything was full of water.  While I was admiring all the water, a beautiful fish swam to the top of a concrete block.  It looked just like a mallard duck, but in fish shape. I was thinking that was odd because I had just read an article about mallard duck looking fish, and here was one right in my own backyard.  Then I found another mallard fish in a bucket close by! I've heard that dreams of fish mean money is coming.  If the fish is rotting it's supposed to mean a lot of money.  Whatever, I will take what comes my way.  

     Also in my dream, Diary, there was an alligator in my fish pond.  In his mouth was a large tortoise.  I wanted to help the tortoise because he had a sad face on, but the gator was quite large and the tortoise was half way down, so I decided against that.  I don't know what the gator and the tortoise mean, but I hope he wasn't eating my money.

     The weather vane on top of the garage must have partied a bit hard last night because it's been very confused today.  All day it pointed to the south.  The wind was definitely not coming out of the south, with another big snow storm headed our way it blew from the north all day.  Poor weather vane, I hope it feels better tomorrow.

     The rest of the day was pretty uneventful but I did manage to go to the grocery store.....twice.  I was fortunate to have staged my trips between the changing of the guard, so the new check out person didn't know I had just been there 30 minutes earlier....I even had a list the first time.

     Time to call it a day, Diary.  Thanks for sitting still and listening, until tomorrow.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment