Friday, January 24, 2014

Ranting

     I think I spend too much time on Facebook.  

     Yesterday I gained 10 pounds, just scrolling through the recipes.  I have found some interesting ones that I have actually tried and it was nice to fix something different for a change.

     One that caught my eye was making your own taco seasoning.  It's great and so flavorful that I will never buy the pre-mixed stuff again.  From the taco seasoning, I discovered I could also make my own chili powder.  Since I have been doing that, the husband raves about my chili.

     I thought I was being quite clever and Betty Crockerish by making these myself until I gave a closer look to the labels of the individual spices I had purchased.  Good grief, my garlic powder came from China.  

     So, thanks to spending too much time on Facebook, this lady is going to have an herb garden this year.  I shall grow and grind my own seasonings and be known as the new "Spice Girl".  I will have to wait awhile on the garlic though, it has to be planted in the fall......who would have thunk that?

     If I see one more advertisement on Facebook about Oprah's secret weight loss formula I may go running out the front door, screaming like a maniac.  The same goes for Ellen's secret for no more wrinkles.

     One thing that always amuses me about Facebook are the posts of people on a rant.  These rants are usually used to convey just how ticked off they are at someone.  Someone is spreading gossip about them and, by golly, they're going to defend themselves. Or they are really mad at someone else so they post some vicious nastiness about that person and from there, the drama ensues. 

     Most of the time I try to just skim the surface of ill worded posts but one caught my eye the other day and I fell a victim to the rant. It was from a prominent business person and by the time I finished reading it I'm not sure I want to do business with them.  It was kind of scary.

     The first thought that always comes to mind, when I read a rant, is "Well, ya just gave away your power."  The power of self control. No one can take it from you, you just give it up.  When it's given to the one who started the nonsense, the one who started it just won.  

     Why not just go to the person involved and say it to their face?  That's a really good way to give away your power and not have to share it with the world.  Why, it could lead to an all out, no holds barred, hair pulling, fisticuffs knock-out.  Oh Mother loved the word 'fisticuffs'.  Not only is this a good way to give up your power to someone else, to show a complete lack of self control, it also shows how smart you are.    Well, maybe not.

     The timer is beeping on the stove.  It's time to wash the color off my hair.....again.  I wish my hair had grown this fast when I was younger.  Makes me want to hum a little AC/DC.....Back in Black.
Guess I better go before I look like the Queen Mother of All That Is Darkness, especially since I've had my little rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment