Monday, December 2, 2013

Things I Just Don't Get

     There's a lot of things I just don't get.  I don't understand certain things, or why people do them.  Since it's getting close to the end of the year, I'll start there.

     I don't get why anyone would want to go shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I did that once, once being the key word.  It was several years ago when Cabbage Patch Kids were all the rage. I took my step daughter with me and we headed off to the closest mall in our vicinity.

     It was undoubtedly one of the most traumatic experiences in my life because I've never attempted such madness again.  The place was packed wall to wall with people. We had to follow people, carrying shopping bags in the parking lot, in hopes that when they got to their car, they were leaving, so we could find a place to park. 

     Once inside, it got worse.  It was a nightmare.  People were rude and would literally take things out of your hands.  That was enough for me.  I vowed never again, and I've held firm to that vow.

     I also don't get why anyone would "camp" for days on end, in front of a store, to get a new electronic gadget.  Especially when that gadget will be obsolete in about a month.  I've always wondered what those people do for a living.  Times are tough, so I don't get how someone can park their butt in a parking lot, or on a sidewalk, for over a week, waiting on a sale.  Surely they didn't use their vacation time for that.

     Since I'm on the subject of Christmas shopping, I certainly don't get how grown-up adult people can fight over a toy, in a store, in front of hundreds of other people, along with their own children and think that is OK.  Some have been arrested and some have lost their lives while trying to buy Christmas gifts.  Obviously, the true meaning of Christmas has been thrown out the window.

     I don't get why someone would spend the last four dollars on their food stamp card on a carton of Mt. Dew.  Then be disgruntled because they had to break the $10 bill in their pocket to come up with the $1.53 they lacked for the total.  I witnessed this yesterday and I still have teeth marks in my tongue.

     I don't get why some people think their children would never do anything wrong.  That's like saying "My dog won't bite." 

     Lastly there's football.  I don't get it at all.  Why is it when there are eleven minutes left on the clock, the game still isn't over 45 minutes later?

     

1 comment:

  1. Your eyebrows must have grown out bushy by the end of this blog, Andy.

    The football thing is an evil male plot to rule the world.

    ReplyDelete