Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Mizzle

     Word of the day:  Mizzle.  light rain or mist.

     This can also be applied to the brain.  I must be in mizzle mode.

     I rose early this cold winter morning thinking I can accomplish much more random acts of randomness by getting up before the crack of dawn.  

     First on the list of random was to make some oatmeal.  A weeks worth.  There is not much of anything that is easier to cook than oatmeal, the old fashioned kind, good ole' rolled oats.  The formula is simple, two to one.  That is two amounts of water to one amount of oats, boil for five minutes and viola, it's done.  

     I did it just the opposite.  Boiled two cups of water and put in four cups of oats.  It did not take long to realize my snafu and I quickly began to add more water before the mass adhered itself to the bottom of the pan.  It took a bit longer than the usual five minutes, but there is now plenty of oatmeal.

     I have a new jar of coconut oil.  I've been out for some time and was excited about using it again.  Perhaps I need more to do, excitement over coconut oil seems a little lame....I will work on that later.  Anyway, I have the new jar of coconut oil and put a small spoonful into the oats to keep it from boiling over.  I took another small spoonful and put it in the skillet that I use to cook the morning cackleberries.  

     Coconut oil is a very healthy choice.  It is good for the brain, helping the neurons and other connectors function smoothly and properly.  I turn back to the skillet.  Not only had I not turned on the burner, there was no coconut oil in it.  I muse about this for a second or two and finally decided I double dipped the oatmeal.

     It is a large jar of coconut oil and I think maybe I will rub most of it on my head and hope for osmosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment