Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Newsworthy Tid Bits

     For the first time in a long time I sat down and read the daily morning paper.  I think I now know why I don't really miss reading it.

     There is more flooding on the way.  It is proving to be a summer filled with lots of rain.  The reason for this is said to be because there is still ice in the Great Lakes.  The wind from way up north comes across these cold waters and as it travels south, it meets up with the warm Gulf air traveling north.  They tend to meet here, in the middle, so we get the rain this atmospheric weatheriness creates.

     I may have come up with a solution to this problem.  It seems the governor of our great state of Illinois is under fire......again.  His administration has been accused of hiring people who had ties, political or otherwise, to his administration.  Several of the positions that were filled had never been advertised to the public.  Of course, this administration had no idea this phenomenon was happening.

     When I was very young, I learned something from the adults who infiltrated my small world.  At the time, I didn't really understand the concept, but as I grew older, the meaning began to be crystal clear.  It pays to know who you know.  This is nothing new, or newsworthy and has probably been going on since the dawn of civilization.

     Since the powers that be tend to all congregate in the northern part of this state, here's my idea.  Perhaps, if they all turned to the north and blew their hot air that direction the ice would melt faster and the remaining summer months would begin to dry out.  I don't know, but it just might work.

     As usual, there is lots of chaos going on across the big pond.  It is too bad we all can't get along.  Maybe it's time for a huge extraterrestrial craft to glide slowly across the open skies, where everyone could see it.  That would certainly change the focus of the human race always thinking they need more land, believers, or just stuff in general.  

     The rock band "The Who" is getting ready to tour, maybe for the last time.  The lead singer is 70 years old, so yes indeed, it may be the last tour.  But hey, 70 is the new 50 and I figure that puts me somewhere around 40.  I like that.  I think I'll go listen to "Pinball Wizard" and then check to see if I need to color my hair.....again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment