Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Being Okay

"I am nuts for real,
But I'm OK with that......"
                                                          Eminem, Rihanna The Monster

     Down one day, up the next.  I really didn't like roller coasters when I was a kid.  I've decided to get off this one.

     Perhaps there is some kind of divine intervention taking place.  Someone, somewhere, sending out a message of good vibes for my sake.  I'm not sure.

     It just seems like it's time to take the bull, that I was so eager to climb into the ring with yesterday armed only with a red cape, by the horns.  So what if I lose the battle?  The odds of winning are the same amount, 50/50.

     If I do not win, does that mean I'm finished?  No.  It simply means I must get up again, shake off the dust and try a different approach.  Sure, it would be easier if I could just go open the front door and find a box, filled with all the right answers, but nothing great is ever achieved the easy way.

     How does that go?  It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game?  Yes, I believe that's it, although there are a few sports enthusiasts whom do not follow that adage.

     Today's word on the dictionary app is 'foofaraw'.  It means to cause a great disturbance over something insignificant.  A much cooler way to refer to those who create their own drama.

     So, no more foofaraw for me.  I will just dig down inside and find that stuff that made me try out for cheerleading, six years in a row, before I ever made the squad.  If I could survive that kind of foofaraw, I believe I can survive what ever comes my way.

     I'm Okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment