Thursday, July 24, 2014

Blocked & Baffled

     These past few days I've not only had writer's block, but artist's block as well.  

     It's extremely frustrating to dig deep into the back recesses of my brain and find it empty.  Nothing but a few cobwebs in the corners and a lot of dust.

     Having had minimal contact with the human race probably has something to do with it.  Being covered in poison ivy that looks like it has morphed into some primordial organism tends to make people turn and run, so I've stayed tucked away in my studio.

     In there, the inspiration fairies must have packed their bags and went on vacation.  No new ideas and the old ones were not working out so well.  

     I read this morning's paper and pondered over an article about school's being turned into a one stop shop for all a child's need.

     I wondered why all the responsibility of being a parent has to be taken over by some other entity.  How do we try to convince young people that becoming a parent too soon is a life changing hard-road-ahead-of-you given, when there is somebody on the other side of the fence saying, "don't worry, we'll take care of everything you will need and you won't have to do a thing"?  What exactly does that teach?

     Yes, I'm blocked and baffled, but I'm not going to quit.  I'm not going to let someone else do all the work or steal my dream.  I'm going to keep trying and if I fall, as long as I'm able, I'm going to get back up and try again.  

     I don't want to get to the end of my path and say I took the shortest route between point A and point B.  There's too much to see along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment