Friday, March 21, 2014

Egginess At Its Finest

     Yesterday was the first day of Spring.  It is referred to as the March Equinox.

     Rather than go into some scientific jargon as to what the term equinox means, and besides I am not qualified to use such terminology, I will explain it in my own words.

     The March Equinox is the time of the year when the Earth is perfectly straight up and down on its axis.  We in the northern hemisphere look forward to this because it is now our turn to tilt closer to the sun, awaiting longer days and warmer weather.  The next equinox will happen in September, hence our southern counterparts will be looking forward to its arrival.

     For as long as I can remember, I have performed a ritual during each equinox.  It's a simple ceremony and many do not even know about it, but I feel it is part of my duty to carry this tradition on and hopefully pass it to the next generation.

     The ceremony is called, The Balancing of the Egg.  I do not recall when I learned this, but according to what I remember, the equinoxes that take place twice a year are the only time one is able to stand an egg on its end and it will stay upright.  I posted a picture of my balanced egg on Facebook and encouraged others to do the same.  It turned out to be a scramble, no pun intended, for others to join in.  Hope you enjoy the show.

     This is my first picture:
 
     Shortly after this was posted, I was eggcused of cheating, by using a napkin.


      To prove I was eggfact capable of this feat, this was the second picture:


      It wasn't long before a naysayer jumped in on the conversation stating that they had read somewhere that this is possible any day of the year. 

     I present to you evidence, taken this morning, that proves without a doubt that notion is totally uneggceptable:


     The egguberance of this eggspiriment began to catch on and the pictures were being shared.  From Central Illinois:



From sunny Florida, so eggciting!:


     From Wisconsin:



     The Wisconsin egg didn't want anyone to think it was cheating by using a tablecloth, so it took its eggyself outside:

What an eggcellent view!

     Some people thought we had gone eggsane, but most of us were just eggstatic about the whole thegg.......we held our ground and stood eggnited. 







    

No comments:

Post a Comment