Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Winter Sighs

     Sigh, 4 below zero, no morning paper and no internet.  But at least the sun is shining and by Thursday the temps are to be in the 40’s.   I may have to lay out, get some rays.

     The sunshine would probably do me some good, help to warm up my sore muscles.  I’ve gotten more exercise in the last two days than I’ve had in months.  The Winter Olympics can be hard on a body.

     I’ve always dreamed of my husband and I being figure skaters.  I can just see us out on the ice, swirling and twirling in synchronized movements.  Becoming one with the music, the ice, each other.   Ah, so romantic.
 
     In all actuality, about the first time I tried to straddle his shoulders for a spin, we would end up sailing across the ice and be wedged under the protective matting at the end of the rink.  That would be a sight to see, oh well, a girl can dream.

     Then there’s the long track speed skating.  Oh, I could so do that.  Long smooth strides, leaning in on the curves and my fingertips just barely touching the ice as I come out of the corner.   No wonder my legs hurt this morning, but I’m sure they are much leaner than they were the day before.

     Since the ice rink doesn’t seem to be in my future, I will hang up the skates and pick up the snow board.  That has got to be a rush indeed.  I got a little scared while doing the back flips off the ramps, but the 180’s were a breeze.  I think I should probably stick to the low, slow slopes because when the young lady fell and cracked the back of her helmet open, I realized I could be in grave danger,   it must really be a bit harder than it looks.

     After all that work, I had to call it a day about nine o’clock.


     It has warmed up to 2 above and the sun is still shining.  No morning paper yet and no internet……sigh.

     Six hours later the internet is finally on, the temp is a whopping 14 degrees, fun stuff livin' in the sticks in winter....sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment