Friday, February 7, 2014

A Poetic Conversation

The brightness chimed,
"What's wrong with you?
I haven't seen you in a few.
Are you well, or are you sick?
Why do you hide in blackness thick?"

"Leave me alone", the darkness hissed.
"I do not need your happy bliss.
The blackness is my friend, so leave,
Take your shine and let me grieve."

The brightness spoke, "Well, I'll be brief,
But what has caused you all this grief?
Have you suffered the loss of someone dear?
Is that the reason for your tears?"

The darkness crawled further in its hole,
Wrapped in the sadness of its soul.
It did not need this shining light,
To quiz about its deepest plight.

The darkness called, "Just go away.
I have no wish for you to stay.
No loss of friend or family,
The only thing I've lost is me."

"You?" The brightness whispered back,
Sending its light into the black.
"But you're not lost, for I can see
You're right where you have chosen to be."

The darkness heaved a heavy sigh,
The shiny orb was still on high.
"The place I'm in is not so nice,
I do not need your bright advice."

The brightness quipped, "Then none you'll get,
But let me ask, why do you fret?
Why do you wish to be so sad?
What could it be, that is so bad?

"Brightness, you do not understand,
I did not wish, nor was it planned.
I am not happy with what I see, 
I want things how they used to be."

"The way things were?" The brightness asked,
"What were the things you had at task?
That is all I want to know,
Just answer that and I will go."

The darkness shifted in the black
And chose its words to answer back,
"There was a time when things were good
A time I thought I understood."

"A time I thought would always last, 
But now it is just in the past.
I thought I'd touched upon success
And now my life is such a mess."

"I do not think there is an end
Where I will be able to make amends.
I think that I shall never see
 The things I always dreamed I'd be."

The darkness cried, and hung its head,
"Perhaps I'd be better off dead,
Brightness you were right when you said to me,
I'm right where I'm supposed to be."

Brightness peered into the black abyss
It spoke with words as a tender kiss,
"Oh darkness, that is not what I said
And certainly you should not be dead."

"You're here because of what you choose,
To think, that you can win or lose.
Your dark thoughts have led you astray, 
They keep you from a better way."

"You can not live life in the past,
Things come and go, and some don't last.
There has never been a guarantee
That success comes to anyone easily."

"But what you think you can, you can
And can't lies in the other hand.
It's always comes down to a choice
So listen to your inner voice."

"Your inner voice will steer you right
It always lives within the light.
But you must choose to hear its call
When it whispers to you above life's brawl."


The darkness looked into the light,
The blackness' grip was not so tight, 
It felt its spirit start to soar
To brightness on some distant shore.

The brightness took the darkness' hand,
The blackness fell like grains of sand.
Brightness spoke, "You're on the brink,
You only need change the way you think."












No comments:

Post a Comment