Monday, February 10, 2014

Dear State,

     It was part of my new years' resolution, to not get caught up in things beyond my control.  To turn them over to a higher power. With that said, this will be my last politically/governmentiness blog....maybe.....

Dear Great State of Illinois,

     Thank-you for the letter(s).

     Yes, I am aware that I owe you money and I'm trying my darndest to figure out how to pay you.

     Like you, I guess I spent money I didn't have, thinking I could get caught up later.  Maybe I robbed Peter to pay Paul, kind of like you have done with the pension debt.

     Thanks to some cuts you did think were necessary, my business lost $60,000.00, the last year I was in business.  If I could re-coup that, you can bet your bippy I'd pay you in a heart beat.

     One thing I have figured out though, with the loss of my business, is I had to make some cuts in my budget.  I've gotten rid of lots of things I discovered I could do without.  It wasn't pretty, but in order to try and keep my head above water, it had to be done.  Here's just a few of the things I cut:

     No more eating out.  That was a hard one, anytime someone else can do the cooking, I'm all for it.  

     No new clothes or shoes.  I'm still wearing a pair of shoes I bought two years ago this May.  Luckily, they've been a good pair and they go with jeans.

     No more nice vehicle.  The one I do have is a beater, but by golly, it's paid for and  gets me up and down the road.   It has a tendency for the belt to scream when it gets really cold, but I just hold my head up and keep the pedal to the metal.

     No more health insurance, oh but wait, that's not your fault.

     I'm thinking the next thing that will need to go is the land line phone, but since you are the only one that calls me, it's really not worth the extra money to keep it.  

     One thing for sure, this has been a learning experience.  I've learned how to feed my husband and myself on less than $250 dollars a month.  It's amazing how far food will go when you learn to cook and eat leftovers.  It's actually been better for our health since we bypass most of the processed foods.  Thank God for Facebook too, I've learned how to make my own Velveeta,  that stuff is expensive!

     I understand you are trying to promote more gambling in the state.  That should work about as well as it did the first time when you touted all the money the schools would get.  Will the folks who are on your welfare programs still get to buy the scratch off tickets? That's kind of like pouring liquid in a boot with the instructions written on the heel.

     Well anyway, I'm doing what I can to make things right so don't give up on me yet. Oh, I almost forgot, your last letter said you were going to put my name on a list of people who don't pay their taxes, I hope that is the same list for those who don't pay their bills, that way my name should be right under yours.

     Sincerely,

     A Life Long Resident


     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment