Friday, November 8, 2013

Divinely Inspired

     In the pre-dawn, pre-waking hours I have some really weird stuff going on in my brain.  It's that time of morning when I'm not really asleep, but I'm not really awake either.  I can hear cars going by, so I know I'm not sleeping, but I "see" things that are normally not in my bedroom, so I know I'm not awake.

     The first time this happened I did have my eyes open and I was replaying an event that had happened the day before.  It was like watching TV, everything playing out on the screen just as I remembered.  As I was watching this show, I noticed something running along the bottom of the screen, like a news show, were all the current events are listed and run in a constant stream along the bottom.  It was a picture of a book cover, complete with the title.  It was a book I've been wanting to write for a long time and it didn't have a thing to do with what I was watching on the screen.  Yeah, I know, weird stuff.

     This morning it happened again.  Since I've been on the subject of cats, I was thinking about old ladies with 99 cats.  Why is it that practically every small town in this country has a story, and usually an old dilapidated house to go with it, about an old lady who had 99 cats?  I didn't know the answer to this, but I always figured if I found myself alone in my later years, yes, I would be the old lady with 99 cats.  

     While I'm pondering this urban legend, I "see" a page in front of my face.  It was like looking at the computer screen after doing a search on Google.  There was a whole list of things on the page but a name jumped out in bold letters, Geraldine C. Battefeld.  

     Since I have never heard of Geraldine C. Battefeld, I begin to do some evaluations.  What did I have for supper last night, pizza?  No, that was the night before.  Pizza makes for some great dreams, pizza dreams.  When I have pizza dreams I can do amazing things. Usually I'm a member of a SWAT team.  Oh yes, I can run, drop, roll and shoot with expert precision.  When I shared this visual with my oldest grandson he ended up in a state of hysteria.  That's OK though, I love pizza and I love my pizza dreams, I think it must be the mushrooms.  Maybe there was some residual left over mushroominess in my system.

     After getting up and seeing my husband off to work, I came into the office and fired up Google.  My first entry was, 'old lady with 99 cats', maybe that is who Geraldine C. Battefeld is.  I didn't find her name there, but there is a whole bunch of stuff about old ladies with 99 cats, so all the old stories must have some merit.

     My next search was for Geraldine C. Battefeld.  It seems that should have been my initial search, but I was secretly hoping she was the icon of old ladies with 99 cats and I had been divinely inspired.  There was no such person in the search results.

     Who is this elusive Geraldine C. Battefeld?  I do not know.  Maybe she is an old lady in the making and only has 50 cats right now.  Maybe she is a real member of a SWAT team and has to keep her identity a secret.  Maybe, and this may be it, she is the grower of the mushrooms.  Geraldine C. Battefeld, fungi grower extraordinaire.

     Who ever she is, she has been my inspiration for the day.  If you know Geraldine C. Battefeld, tell her I said "Thank-you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment