Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Birth of Silver Cat

     Since it is the season of the daily newspaper weighing in a little heavier each day from all the sales ads, I've decided to use today to do a little advertising.

     Silver Cat Studio, Inc. is a business I started about six years ago. It didn't start out to be a business, it was just something to fill a need.  

     My Mother passed away six years ago this past September and I wanted some memory keepsakes, made with the flowers from her service, for myself and family.  One family member knew somebody, who knew somebody, who did this very thing and made contact with them.  That was when we found out it would be at least three months or more before we could get an order.  Having just walked anew through the 'grief door' that seemed like an eternity.

     I've always loved working with my hands to create something and I hadn't done anything for a long time, thought I was too busy.  I decided I could make them myself.

     It was a lot of trial and error but I finally came up with a recipe that worked.  I began to do a few pieces for family and friends, through word of mouth, and before I knew it, the orders were coming in more frequently.  Thus, Silver Cat Studio, Inc. was born.

     Where did the name come from?  That is another story in itself that I may share some day, but for now, I hope you enjoy the view. Feel free to share if you like, and thank you all for making this dream come true.  All the beads in the following pictures are made with real flowers, unless noted otherwise.




Sometimes I get a chance to make "regular" jewelry!  The center stone is a fire agate.





You can find Silver Cat Studio, Inc. on Facebook or you can visit:  www.silvercatstudioinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment