Monday, October 27, 2014

To Blog or Not To Blog

     So far today I have not heard from my proof reader.  I have a vision of her throwing spit balls at my picture propped up on the end of her desk.

     Maybe she thinks I'm resting.  I guess I'm supposed to be resting or taking it easy, but geez, that's really boring.

     One day last week, I was the lucky recipient of an out-patient surgery procedure, so yeah, I'm supposed to be sort of resting.

     Out patient procedures are the kind where they herd you in and herd you out, in, hopefully, less than a day.

     They always like for you to be there early.  I think that is because they secretly hide and giggle because they know you will bust your butt to get there on time......so you can wait.

     I was fortunate enough to not have anything seriously wrong with me.  Of course, I didn't know that the day before so I spent the entire day before feeling sorry for myself and crying.  Crying always does such wonderful things for the eyelids, mine always looked like I just climbed out of the ring with Sugar Ray.....and I didn't win.

     I had asked the doctor if I could drive myself home after the procedure.  I got a big fat NO for an answer.  I thought it might be rather fun, who knows where I would have ended up.

     My husband and I drove for an hour.....in the fog.  I thought about placing a couple of wet tea bags on my eyelids during the ride,  to reduce the swelling,  but since I could not wear any makeup or fix my hair I figured puffy lids were the least of my worries.  I was supposed to bathe with an antibacterial soap too, but I didn't have any.  So, I rinsed off with a solution of 3% food grade hydrogen peroxide......I may have been foaming.

     Coming out from under anesthesia is always fun.  The last time I had a procedure I woke up pain free and talking like a physic woodpecker.  All the other patients in the recovery room were moaning and groaning except me, I felt like a million bucks. When whatever I had for pain began to wear off and I had to ask for something, the nurse planted that hypodermic needle in my thigh with a vengeance.....she had listened to me long enough. 

     This time, I just woke up, no pain, no big deal and not too chatty. But, before the O.R. team put me under, I did sing them one of my birthday ditties.  When I started on the second verse, that was the last thing I remembered.  I really do think they enjoyed my humor.

     And so, I have blogged.

     



     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment