Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Things That Go Bump.....In the Day

     The cat was sitting on the spiral staircase, about five steps up.  It's the perfect place to be to torment the dog.  Tigger knows that Runtly can't climb the steps, at least not yet.

     Runtly was laying in his portable bed at the bottom of the stairs. I call it portable because every once in a while I see it flying from one room to another, usually during a period of doggy boredom.

     Runtly knows better than to try the steps so he just camps out at the bottom of them.  He can still see the cat, in case Tigger tries to make a sly move to escape.

     Tigger loves this dog about as much as the dog loves the cat, but he prefers to play with him on his own playing field which is outside.  The cat knows he really isn't supposed to be in the house because Mr. Nolikesanimals has made that rather clear to him.  It is said that elephants do not forget.....neither do cats.  Even when the cat knows Mr. Nolikesanimals (who is becoming Mr. GeeIlikethis dog) is not in the house, Tigger always looks to make sure Mr. N's chair is empty.

     Tigger is content to sit on the staircase.  The smug look on his face says it all to the dog...."nana nana do do, you can't get me".

     I was standing in the door way watching them.  The cat was now lounging on the step and Runtly was nearly asleep in his bed.  I had my chance.  A chance to go to the basement, unattended.  I took a couple of steps backward and then tiptoed to the basement stairs.

     I swear I wasn't down there three minutes when the thumping and bumping started right above my head.  As I listened I was trying to determine which dog toy he was playing with.  Maybe it was the cat slamming Runtly on the floor for all the times he has bitten Tigger.  I finally gave up on my solitude and went back up the stairs.

     Runtly and Tigger were in the exact same positions I had left them in.  The only difference was they both had a look on their faces that said, "What?"

No comments:

Post a Comment