Friday, January 23, 2015

Game Time

     This has been said before.....not leaving the house for days on end, other than to retrieve the mail, makes for boring blog content.

     I did have plans to leave yesterday.  About five minutes before I was ready to head out the door, in came Ms. Sassafrass.  That was a good thing, I was supposed to watch her and I had forgot.  Five minutes later would have been an unpleasant picture because the closest exit on the interstate is twelve miles down the road and her mother needed to get to class.

     I only had her for a couple of hours and could have easily carried on with my plans after she went to school, but not following my own advice, which I so freely give, I did not have a plan B. The rest of the day was spent in a foggy haze of wondering what I should do next.  Needless to say, I did not get much accomplished.

     My schedule has had a wrench thrown in it by means of a small white for legged terrorist.  Runtly is my second shadow.  He thinks he needs to help in all household chores whether it is loading the dishwasher, running the vacuum or sorting laundry.  I will admit though, getting out the dust mop is a grand occasion.  I must also admit that my house has been cleaned more in three weeks than it had been in three months so I guess he really is useful.

     This morning brought about a change.  Something I have been looking for, something I need.  I'm not sure if it was the Voice, my constant companion, telling me this or words whispered from another realm, but I heard it loud and clear.  "Just pretend", it said and that is what I'm going to do.

     If we watch children pretend, there is really more going on than just playing.  When they pretend they are a superhero, a parent, a ninja in stealth mode, there is nothing telling them they are not who they think they are.  

     The key to achieving is believing.  Believing the goal has been attained, before it has actually become a reality, can sometimes be hard to do.  That's where pretending comes in....be ye like little children.  

     So, I'm making a list and mailing it to my proofreader.  She can not open it for 30 days, the length of pretend time.  Thoughts create realities......let's see how this turns out.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment