Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Little Things

     With the arrival of a new puppy, life, as I knew it, has been completely turned upside down.  I thought I had a routine to my day but it has been replaced with someone else's schedule.

     The morning jaunt outside is never without entertainment.  Runtly and Tigger greet each other as if they have not seen one another for ages.  This happens every time we go out the door, whether it has been an hour or one minute, the greeting is the same.  They wrestle, bite, jump, run and tumble.  This lasts as long as it takes for one of them to bite just a bit too hard.  Usually it is Runtly, his teeth are like razors and Tigger has had enough when his paw gets caught in the jaws of steel.

     I try to video this encounter between dog and cat and then share it on Facebook so others can enjoy.  This dueling duo usually get over 500 views per video, they are fun to watch.  I always preview the recording before I post it and that is when I discovered something I was missing.

     It is usually quiet in this small town early in the morning, but as I watched the video I heard things I had not even noticed.  The birds were singing, there was a plane passing overhead and a car had gone up the street.  Little things, little things all taken for granted.

     It does not seem like much, birds singing and the like, but if we think there is nothing to do, that we are bored, perhaps we should go outside and just listen.  There is a whole world of sights and sounds waiting for us to see and hear.  A world full of nothing but joy, no stress, no worries, no judgement.  We should go there often.

No comments:

Post a Comment