Friday, November 21, 2014

Worm Holes & Eggs

     Yesterday was a lovely day.  Albeit, a cold day, but the sun was shining and the wind had subsided.

     The gas gauge in my little car was reading about as close to the bottom as it could get and I decided it was a good time to fill it up.  We use a facility located on the outskirts of town to purchase our fuel and the drive is just about a mile from home.  

     When I arrived, I realized something miraculous had happened.  I had driven through one of those worm holes that scientists have been searching years for.  The price of gas was $2.75 a gallon!  I took a picture of the sign with the posted prices, so I would have documentation of my find.  After filling the tank, I hurried home so I could look in the mirror and jump on the scales to see what year I had entered through this porthole in space.

     I posted my experience on Facebook, the place that seems to be increasingly filled with sad, bad, and gloomy articles, so this story of my incredible journey will be old news to some.  But, while I'm on the subject of FB, I'd like to offer a bit of tRuth as I see it.  I know there are a lot of things going on in this crazy world that are not good, but spending time focusing on those things is also not good.  Starting out the day with sadness is not the way to start the day.  It's hard to share your light if it's surrounded by darkness.

     Doesn't it seem odd that most people who eat breakfast eat the same thing for breakfast everyday, without getting tired of it?  I would not want to eat the same thing for lunch or supper, but having our traditional egg and sausage (husband) bacon (me) sandwich every morning never seems redundant.  It is almost a ritual.

     I always fix my husband's sandwich first and then my own.  This morning, as I headed to my prepared plate of bread, bacon and cheese, with my second egg riding on a spatula the egg jumped off and landed on the floor.  I'm pretty sure it took out a cobweb as it slid under the toe-kick area of the cabinet.  After swearing, and that was not done under my breath, I snatched it up off the floor and tossed it in the sink.  There I washed off what ever pieces of gossamer webs were clinging to it, placed it on the above mentioned prepared plate and used the top piece of bread to blot it. It tasted wonderful!

     It is a good thing my young food germ fanatical friend was not here, I believe she would have passed out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment