Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Plan B

     tRuth As I See It has been up and running over a year now.  It does not seem possible, twelve months, gone in the blink of an eye.
I have to scan back through the blog now and then, to make sure I'm not repeating myself.  At my age, that can happen.....a lot.

     Today I had to drive to a big box store to return a tool.  The big box store was true to its cause, the isles were full of big boxes. Many had "do not open before Black Friday" stamped on them. Black Friday, the biggest, aka worst, shopping day of the year.  

     The store was understaffed today, but there was a nice lady who waited on me at the return counter.  She was new, still in training, which meant the only other person around had to show her the ropes for entering a return.  No easy task.  I was not in a hurry, my morning plans had already been changed by my better half.  This needed done, right now, today.  It could not have been done over the weekend.  While I was at it, he also needed a couple of items from the big box drug store.....he did get the 'look' on that suggestion, but hey, it was just across the street, it surely could not be that big of a deal....Sigh....he hates to shop...I had been hoodwinked.

     I was waiting patiently at the return counter.  Not so the older man to my right.  He was far from patient.  The phone was ringing, and ringing....and ringing.  The trainer of the nice lady ignored it and continued with her task of teaching.  The impatient man finally spoke....in a really loud voice....wanting to know if there was someone who could help him.  I wanted to say, "Dude, do ya see anyone else standing here?"  I thought better of it, he may have been the man who was disgruntled with all the toilet paper in the trees, I did not want a lesson in manners.  The trainer/teacher assured him she would be with him as soon as possible and gave a brief explanation as to what she was doing.  I glanced his way and was pretty positive I saw smoke making a slow spiral out of his ears.

     After many numbers had been entered into the system, my return was finished.  I took the time to browse a couple of isles, just in case.  Two LED light bulbs jumped into my arms.  They make a nice glow above my desk and I'm sure the electric meter is spinning much slower now.

    A quick stop at the drug store, in which I found some new mascara, and I was in nostomania mode, an irresistible compulsion to return home.....word of the day on my dictionary app.

     The sun was shining.  That was nice, it hasn't been seen for a couple of days.  

     A road trip, even a short one, can be good for the soul.  Helps to blow a few cobwebs out of the back portals of the brain.  It was just what I needed.....but I won't mention that to my better half.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment