Monday, November 10, 2014

Inspired Procrastination

     What is inspiration?  It can come in many forms.  

     A book can inspire.  Sometimes inspiration comes in dreams or just a thought, perhaps from somewhere on high.

     People can inspire.  A good word from a friend, maybe even something as simple as a smile from a stranger.

     Even procrastination can be inspiring.

     The top of my desk has not been seen for nearly a month.  Stacks of paper, bills and stuff has accumulated into a small mountain range.  

     Each time I stroll past it, I hear small, tiny, squeaky voices.  The voices say things like, "Please!  Do something with me!", or "pay me, pay me!".   Once I'm sure I heard something like, "Help! I'm drowning!"

     With my inspired procrastination I have accomplished many things.  Several loads of laundry have been washed, dried, folded and even carried upstairs.  The neighbors leaves were blown into a pile, nearly a block long.  It was windy that day and they burnt quickly and to perfection.  The vacuum has been used.....twice.

     Yesterday I was so procrastinatly inspired, I washed all the kitchen windows.....inside and out.....even the screens.....even the area between the windows and the screens.  They look very nice, it is no longer foggy in the mornings.

     Even my business has been helped by all this inspired procrastination.  New customers and new ideas have been rolling in.  That is a good thing.....even if it does help to add to the ever growing, nearly snow capped mountains.

     This morning I did it.  I cleaned off the desk.  It looks rather nice, there was not even any room for the dust to light.  It is most refreshing to walk by and see that the mountain range is gone, a thing of the past.

     It did not take nearly as long as I thought it would.  I simply picked up all the stacks and piles, one at a time, and carried them to the island in  the kitchen.  It is much bigger than my desktop so now the mountains look more like an ocean....a lovely sea of white, with a tinge of color showing through the waves.

     I will probably take care of it, later today, in case I happen to be inspired to cook something.  

     Let's see.....how many coupons do I have in order to get a free pizza?




No comments:

Post a Comment