Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Product Review

     "It ain't easy being green"           Kermit the Frog

     I'm all about saving the planet.  I try to do my best to leave a small footprint behind.  I do not buy into the global warming theory, which has been conveniently changed to climate change, but I will agree that the weather is a bit different than when I was a kid.  Not that I lived during the Ice Age, although my grandchildren may beg to differ.

     One day, while shopping in the place that put most small town businesses out of business, I came across a "green" product.  It was automatic dishwasher gel, guaranteed to be safe for Mother Earth.  

     It was a large container, 72 ounces.  The price was pretty good too, for that amount, so I bought it.

     My review is as follows:

     Not only does it not contain anything to harm the planet, it contains nothing to clean the dishes.  I truly believe you could brush your teeth with this stuff and suffer no serious side effects.

     When using this product, it is necessary to run the dishwasher for at least half of a cycle to make sure that whatever is stuck on the dish is good and waterlogged before ever adding the gel.   Then, it is necessary to choose the longest, pot scrubbing, blast the hell out of them cycle the dishwasher has available.

     Even after this, there is usually a dish or two that is still dirty.

     So, for my final remarks, if it says "green" on the label, you are much better off just washing them by hand.  When it takes a weeks worth of shower water plus a couple loads of laundry water to do one load of dishes, the only thing green is the money spent on the next water bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment