Friday, September 26, 2014

Mixed Emotions

     No ideas.  No inspiration from higher places.  My proof reader is charging up the cattle prod, threatening to make a road trip.

     No thoughts.  Except the ones that look much like a bowl full of scrambled eggs, waiting to be poured into a hot skillet.  Thoughts that have been simmering on the back burners to the point the pans have boiled dry.  I ignore them, but the popping and cracking of the dry pans will not go away.

     A song has been playing in my head, the one from the old comedy show Hee Haw.  "Doom despair and agony on me.  Deep dark depression, excessive misery.  If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.  Doom despair and agony on me."  I've tried to be positive, have positive thoughts, but when the Voice is sitting, staring out the window, and tosses me a "yeah, right" every now and then,  I know my inner self is out of whack.

     When this malady strikes, I've yet to learn to pay attention to it. Every time I feel this way, I get the phone call.  Someone passed away, someone I know.  They don't have to be family or a close friend, but it seems I pick up the vibes.  Just call me AOD, Angel of Death.......isn't that special.

     This person was a friend of my husband.  They were not the kind of friends that spent a lot of time together, but they both shared a love of hot rod muscle cars and were never at a loss for a topic of discussion.  My husband was getting ready to go see his friend, unfortunately, he was about 30 minutes too late.

     I cannot stress this simple fact enough.  Life is short compared to the eons of time itself.  A blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things.  Don't spend it being pissed at someone.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment