Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Pay Backs

     Tigger, the cat, is a lover, not a fighter.  He enjoys most all other cats that venture into the yard.  This makes for quiet nights, but also has opened the door for the arrival of an unwanted feline visitor.

     We refer to this feline as the Nasty Cat.  He has rightfully earned this name because he is nasty and mean.  Runtly, the JRT, has encountered this cats' meanness and all one has to say is, "Is that Nasty Cat out there?" and he goes into a four legged, jumping, barking frenzy.......as long as he is on the deck.  When Runtly is outside and comes face to face with this snarling menace, he has learned, the hard way.....do not turn your back to the cat.

     I love animals.....all animals......especially cats....but I do not need another cat.  I do not want another cat.  So, the other evening I walked out and discovered Nasty Cat lounging on the pool deck, looking as if he owned the joint.  I stepped back inside and grabbed the BB gun, pumped it up and took aim.  I really never expected to hit him, as I haven't hit anything yet that I've aimed at, but it seemed I landed one lone BB on his hind quarters.  Nasty Cat took off like a streak of lightening.  Good, I thought, now maybe he will stay gone.

     Since I am in to all kinds of things most folks would consider out of the realm of normalcy, I want to tell you about my crystals.  I purchased these crystals that consist of amethyst, quartz crystal, calcite, aventurine, rose quartz and sodalite to revitalize my drinking water.  For those who are doing the big eye roll about now, this really does work.  I place the crystals in the bottom of a glass pitcher, fill it with clean filtered water and let it sit overnight.
There have been many people ask, "Why are there rocks in this pitcher?" and I launch into an explanation... until their eyes begin to glaze over.

     Anyway, it is important to rejuvenate the crystals at least once a month.  Since there was a recent lunar eclipse, I thought that would be the perfect setting for crystal rejuvenation.  I placed the crystals in a glass dish and set them on a platform that is attached to the outside of the deck and left them there overnight.

     When I retrieved said glass dish the next morning, I noticed there was some liquid in it.  Nothing else seemed to be wet and I did not think it had rained nor was the dew heavy enough to make that much moisture in the dish.  Foolishly, I lifted the glass to my nose.  Sure enough, Nasty Cat had christened my crystals with urine.  I think I could hear him hissing a nasty giggle, from the mound of dead grass in the garden, that he has taken as his throne.

     I have scrubbed them and boiled them and even though the stench is gone, I can not make myself put them back into the pitcher.  I guess I will purchase a new set and use these for their other intended purposes.

     From now on, the BB gun will only be aimed at beer cans.

No comments:

Post a Comment