Friday, September 4, 2015

A Note From The Dog

     Hi!  My name is Runtly.  I am a nine month old Jack Russell Terrier.  I'm very, very fast and I jump really high.  I like to climb on things too, the higher the better.  Sometimes my climbing makes Mom nervous, especially when I hang off the high step on the spiral staircase.  She does not understand that I can see out the window over the kitchen sink that way.

     Mostly, I'm all white with a little bit of brown color on my head and one ear.  I like the brown color and when I get the chance, I dive head first into a fresh pile of cat doo.  It matches perfectly and looks great smeared all down my side, plus, it has the most delightful smell.  At least I think it smells good.  Mom and Dad seem to have a different opinion and always end up giving me a bath.  But, if I can dive really hard, I can grind it in my collar, that way the odor has a lingering effect.

     This week has been so exciting!  For several days in a row, Dad has come home early and fired up the fast and loud water hose.  He has cleaned and cleaned and I have helped and helped.  He cleaned the deck and I had the best time biting at the water.  He even cleaned the sidewalks and it was the most wonderful way to get wet!  So much more fun than taking a bath.  By the way, Mom says we have the cleanest sidewalks in town.  I don't know if that really matters, but it sure was fun.

     I like to bark too, especially when I am outside on the deck.  I really don't need a reason to bark, I just bark because it is a new day.  Sometimes I have heard a weird barking noise.  I never knew what was making it, but Mom always says it was a squirrel.  Then the best thing ever happened!  While I was sitting on the deck, a squirrel climbed on top of the pergola and started barking!  Oh! It was so exciting!  It would bark, then I would bark, then it would bark, then I would bark.  Mom finally took me inside, but she said at least now I know where the weird barking comes from.  Tigger, the cat, really wanted to catch the squirrel, but I didn't get to stay out long enough to see if that happened.

     I LOVE Tigger!  He is so soft and furry and I like to bite his legs and tail.  Mom says that is why Tigger doesn't play much with me anymore, because I bite.  Tigger helped Dad too, this week. Everything Dad has cleaned, Tigger has barfed on it the next day. Tigger is so cool!

     Since I'm always in a hurry, I can't sit still for very long.  Mom says I have attention defi..............SQUIRREL!

No comments:

Post a Comment