Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Note From The Cat


     Since Mom does not think she has anything blog worthy floating around in her head, I told her I would gladly fill in for her.  She looked at me kind of funny, mumbled something and said, "go for it."  Mom's head has been screwed on backwards lately.

     I am probably the most low maintenance pet in a one hundred mile radius.  I stay outside and hardly ever leave the yard.  Since Mom has a flower garden with a pond, that is my personal jungle and there really is no better place to be.  I show up at my food bowl promptly at 7:00 in the morning and 5:00 in the evening, during the good seasons.

     We in the feline world have seasons too.  There is bird season and frog season, these are the good ones.  Then there is mouse season.  During mouse season I add two more feeding times to the schedule.  This helps me to fatten up and get ready for the long sleeps season.  Of all the seasons, frog season is my favorite.

     I have heard that the humans enjoy frog legs and I can attest to the fact that they are delicious.  I have a hankering for tree frog legs as they have a naturally sweet flavor.  I always make sure I leave the upper part for my human family, but I do not think they share my love of frog delicacies .  Since I do eat the best part, I always try, at least three times a week, to leave them a fully intact regular frog on the welcome mat.  I know they appreciate this act of doing my part to take care of the family.

     Speaking of family, I'm quite perplexed by the newest member.  The dog.  The folks call him Runtly.  I refer to him as Pain In My Rumply.  He is very odd.  Just last night, while I was lounging in the yard, I watched him while Dad used a very loud water hose to wash off the deck.  I guess P.I.M.R. thought he needed to help and spent the entire time biting at the water.  P.I.M.R. has many sharp biting teeth.  He helped Dad wash every spindle on the deck, all 73 of them....yes, cats can count.  As far as I'm concerned, all he succeeded in doing was to get sopping wet.  What a goof ball.  He gets so excited over the simplest of things.  Mom bought him a flea collar once and you would have thought it was Christmas.  Fleas, how rude.

     I am also very passive and enjoy most all neighboring cats that wander into the yard.  Mom does not understand this, but I'm all about peace and love. 

     I miss my lap time with Mom since the dog has been here.  We always had morning lap time before he arrived.  Mom has kind hands and when she pets me it makes me slobber.  It's just so relaxing!  Maybe when it gets closer to mouse season and I stop shedding, we can get back to a morning routine.  I would like that, I would like that very much.

     My paws are getting tired now, so I need to take a nap.  Cats sleep about 17 hours a day.  That is what makes us so handsome, we know how to chill out.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment