Monday, June 10, 2019

From The Desk of The Dog

Hi everyone!  It's me, Runtly!  The ever so entertaining Jack Russell Terrier!  JRT for short.  I'm so excited to share my tails of my recent road trip!  I got to see my Mama!  Mom says I used the wrong tail.....what does she know....she doesn't even have one.

I don't know if I have told you this before, but I really do not like riding in the car.  Only if it is up the street to the gas station, but anything more than that is terrifying.  

The first leg of the trip was just awful.  Mom gave me some stuff to make me sleepy, but it didn't work.  Mom and Dad finally stopped somewhere and Mom bought some more stuff to see if it would help.  It sorta helped, but not for very long.  Finally, at the end of a very long day, we stopped moving in the car.  There was a storm coming, so we stopped at the first available place.  It was a weird place but Mom says I have to leave that part out of the story. 

Anyway, I was sure glad to get out of the car and stretch my legs.  Mom and Dad try to get me to drink some water when they stop on the road.  I be too nervous to do anything but try and keep track of them.  One of them disappears into a building and I can't go with them and pretty soon they come out of the building and then the other one  disappears into the building!  It's so scary and confusing!  So, drinking is the least of my worries.   But, when we were stopped for the night, I was really hungry and thirsty.  I ate a whole bowl of food and drank a whole bunch of water and ate a whole bunch of green grass.

Later, after we had gone to bed, Mom got up and made her way to the bathroom.  Mom musta been in stealth mode and musta been wearing night vision glasses 'cause when she opened up the door to come out of the bathroom, she was greeted by the sight of what she called the "Mother of all land mine fields".  I had barfed.  Not just once.  Not just twice.  Let's just say that I distributed it all over the floor between the end of the bed and the door to the bathroom and Mom missed every pile!  Mom is so cool!  I think she was pretty happy about not stepping in it, but I stayed under my blankie, just in case.

I got to see my Momma!  Her name is Josie.  I learned how to play outdoor fetch.  It was so much fun running in wide open spaces and it made me weally tired.  I even got to stay all night at Momma's house!  Momma sleeps in her kennel, but I got to sleep with my peeps! One peep got tired of me hogging the bed so he opened the door to his brother's room and I finished off the night with that peep.  It was awesome!  One of Mom's pups says I'm spoiled and need a swat every once in awhile.  Mom told her I do not like swats.  Her pup told her that neither did she or her sister but that didn't seem to stop her from doing it.  Mom thought that was pretty funny.

Mom says I never forget stuff.  Stuff like people, places, other animals.  Remember that goose I told you about that pecked me and made me yelp?  Mom took me outside the other evening so I could pick up my collar-ball that I had strategically dropped off the deck.  She packed me outside without my leash.  When she put me on the ground so I could get my collar-ball, I spied that stupid goose and about 30 of his relatives over by the pond bank.  I took off like zero to 60 in less that 3 seconds!  I ran straight into that goose parade and it was on!  Mom said it looked like synchronized diving at the Olympics as one by one, those stupid geese made a break for the water.  Then, I turned around and ran back through what was left of the herd!  Mom says it's a flock, but who cares.  As I was makin' my last pass, I tripped and mowed right over the top of one of that stupid goose's kids and sent him rolling!  Mom said it was really scrambling to get back on its feet!  Yeah, I bet he was saying "feets don't fail me now!"  Boy oh boy, that was a lot of fun!   

Mom says I've gotten sidetracked from the original story.  Mom is just persnickety.  Anyway, I had a great time, but I sure be glad to be home.  Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment