Monday, May 20, 2019

From The Desk of the Dog

It's Runtly!  The ever so entertaining Jack Russell Terrier, JRT for short!

Mom is trying to drive me crazy.  She got rid of my safe space.  It was under the couch.  Now the couch is gone and she replaced it with one I can't get under.  Mom is mean.  I loved my safe space.  I could lay on my side, behind the couch, and slither myself underneath.  Then, there was enough room for me to stand up and make my space more comfortable.  I did that by digging a hole in the carpet.  All those pieces of carpet and pad made the place more like home, nice and fluffy.  I don't know why Mom didn't like it, she couldn't see it.  Anyway, I spent several days with nowhere to be safe.  I tried the corner under the table, that didn't work.  I laid on Mom and Dad's bed, but it's just too spacey.  

Then, Mom brought out the crate!  She even had the audacity to lock me in there!  I think there is something wrong with Mom!  She put a blanket over the crate, thinking that would make it better and she put a nice woolly pad in there too.  I do like the pad because I can dig to China on it and nobody cares, but I wasn't goin' in that crate.  Finally Mom had an idea.  She got something she called a tool and as I sat and watched her, she took the door off the crate!  She threw it out into the middle of the room and I showed it who was the boss.  I barked at it and jumped at it, but I didn't touch it!!

Mom put a couple of treats in the crate and I did go in and get them.  While I was in there, I looked around and decided maybe it wasn't so bad after all....especially since the door was gone.  I like my new safe space now and am just about caught up on all the naps I missed out on when I didn't have a safe space.

Squirrel has brought part of his family to my deck.  I show them who is the boss too!  They think they are so smart, but I've always got my eye on them.  The other day, the little one jumped on  my head, when I was out back, and I catched him!  Dad was laughing and Mom was sayin' no, sometimes Mom isn't much fun, and I dropped little squirrel and catched him again!  I finally let him go but I spent about a minute smacking my lips.  I told Mom, "tastes like chicken!" and she just rolled her eyes.

I got attacked by a goose last week.  Stupid goose.  All I was tryin' to do was get to my door.  I guess I got too close to the baby geese and man o man, did the feathers start flyin'!  That goose pecked me so hard it made me yip!  I would have showed him a thing or two, but, once again, Mom didn't think that was a very good idea and we had to turn around and go the other way.  I figure I'll have another chance soon.

I'm getting ready to take a road trip and go see my Mama.  We talked on the phone the other night.  Every time she hears me, she howls and so do I!  I think she does that because she misses me, but it's kinda odd, when I get there she always shows me who is the boss!  Tough love I guess.  Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment