Monday, June 17, 2019

My Confession

It seems I committed the ultimate sin in the world of being a writer.  My last blog, "A Fable", was not my own original content.  I stewed about this most of the day, after writing the story.  Had I really committed plagiarism?  I asked a trusted confidant, explained the situation and waited for a reply.  They agreed with my own feelings, yes, I had copied someone else's work.

The story came from a set of cards that I use.  I could easily tell my reading audience that they are scripture cards, something one looks at daily for inspiration, but that too, would not be the truth.  These cards are considered to be oracle cards....something that comes from the unknown, an outside source.

The cards are called "Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards".  The story behind them is as follows, taken from the back cover of the book that accompanies the cards: "Tori Hartman is a world-renowned intuitive and spiritual teacher.  Her motto, "Enlightenment Made Simple", refers to her desire to give people the support they need in order to do spiritual work on their own.  Born and raised in the free-thinking atmosphere of New York's Greenwich Village in the 1060s, Tori has been aware of her psychic abilities since the age of eight.  a series of encounters with angels that began 25 years ago, after a near-death experience, revealed the profound fables that were to form the basis of the Chakra Wisdom Oracle....."

In reality, the story, that I titled "A Fable", without even reading what was on the back cover of the book that came with the cards, referring to the stories as fables, was true, but not from me.

I could easily tell why I used the story, even though I did change some of the narrative, but that would just be an excuse to make folks think better of me.  

I can assure you that  the words I print from now on will be my own.  They may not be pretty and you may not agree with their content, but the source of them will be from deep within myself and my own research, which will be duly noted.     

So, to my readers, my deepest apologies and thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for reading tRuth As I See It.  

No comments:

Post a Comment