Monday, April 6, 2015

From The Desk of the Cat

     Mom is muttering over a pile of papers she calls bills.  There is another human she calls bill, but this does not look like him.  I don't know why she just doesn't spread them around and lay on top of them.  Humans can be very confusing.

     I'm a good cat and my name is Tigger.  I have lived here a little over a year, at least that is what Mom tells me.  I don't know what a year is but she says it is a measure of time....humans can be very confusing.   Anyway, this place is my home and I like it here.  

     Mom said I just showed up here one day and would not leave.  She told me that over the years, which means a really long time, she has had lots of cats.  Mom likes cats.  She said of all the cats that have lived here, she could only recall one cat that had actually been brought here on purpose.  I don't know what a purpose is or how to get on one, but she explained that she went to someone's house and brought home a cat, on purpose.......humans can be very confusing.

     Mom says that all the other cats came here because they didn't have a home or a human who wanted them.  She said they were most likely born at a humans' house, but after a while, the human stopped paying any attention to them and didn't feed them or care for them, so the cats left to search for a better place.  She said that when cats are babies, humans call them kittens and everyone thinks they are really cute.  Then, the kittens get bigger and bigger and the humans lose interest in them.  Mom said she will always think I'm cute.  She says that pets, any non human animal, are a big responsibility.  I don't know what that word means but she said it takes commitment and patience and money to have a pet.  She said that humans should have their pets spayed or neutered.  She tried to explain that to me, but I had to cover my ears.  She said it was an important thing to do to make sure there were not any cats or other animals who would end up without a home.  Mom said that I'm neutered because it helps to keep me safe.  It helps to keep me from roaming too far from home and to keep me from crossing the flat grey strip in front of my house.  That is a scary place, there are large fast monsters that run up and down the strip.

     I pretty much stay close to home and only venture into the neighboring yard every once in awhile.  There is another human who lives there and she likes me too.  I have a best friend who my humans call Runtly.  He smells kind of funny so I don't think he is a cat, but we still have lots of fun together. Mom says Runtly is neutered too so we have something in common.  Lately there has been another cat at my place and Mom is not very happy about it.  I do not like him much either, he thinks everyday is Wednesday.  I don't know what that means either, but Mom said most humans would figure it out.  Mom says this cat has not been neutered and that his human isn't taking very good care of him.  She says he will probably not have a very good, or long life.

     Although I do not like that cat, it makes me sad for him.  Humans should take better care of their pets.  Humans are very confusing.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment