Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Being Back

     My proof reader lives several hours from me.  When she threatens to come after me with a cattle prod, I know I either have enough time to put something into words.....or hide.

     I've been silent for several days, not a good thing for a would-be writer.  I crawled down into a deep dark hole, drug the lid over the top and stayed there.  I stayed there so long I felt like I could not function.  I could not think, I could not work, I could not do anything but feel bad.  The longer I stayed in there, the worse I felt, self pity can do that.

     Finally, I decided to have a "come to Jesus" meeting.  I screamed and I cried.  I stomped around the kitchen shouting and I even swore.  I explained how I was sick and tired of feeling this way and that something had to give.  Fortunately, my husband was not home at this time as I might have ended up in a room with much padding.  When I was done, I was done.  It was over.  I had poured out all the sorrow of my soul and suddenly realized that even though the things I let put me in the hole in the first place were still there, everything was OK.  Things did not have to be perfect, or have an instant fix, things were just OK.

     The population sign that greets visitors as they enter into this small community reads 1200.  It is a small little town that sits in the middle of hundreds of acres of rolling farm land.  Its only claim to fame is being known as the Purple Martin Capital of the World and I usually refer to it as "Bird City".   During the past few days, this little community has lost five of its members.  It's like the Angel of Death decided to have a stay over.  I hope he moves on soon, the people have had enough.   

    I received a phone call the other day from a friend that I happened to meet over an Ebay transaction.  He lives in the Los Angeles, California area and during our conversation he asked if we had the windows open.  I assured him we did and he was in awe of that.  He said it is too smoggy there to have the windows open.
Something so simple as an open window........the things we take for granted.

     I need to heed my own advice, that I so freely give, and live in the moment.  One never knows when the opportunity may be lost. Everything can change in an instant, so I'm going to pay more attention to my surroundings, quit feeling sorry for myself and do my best to tackle my bucket list......may you do the same.

     So, in my best Arnold Schwarzenegger voice, "I'm back!" 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment