Monday, December 14, 2020

From The Desk of The Dog: Weirdness & Ruff Times

 I'm back again!!  Mom says I might get to do this full time!  She says that folks like me cos' I not very serious and I have poor grammer.  I say grammer scrammer, who wants to be serious all the time!?

Since I'm bein' funny though, Mom says I have to tell my serious story first.  It falls under the 'Ruff Times'.  A few days back, I was outside with my peeps.  A dogs' duty always comes first and foremost to the family.  Unless, of course, something distracting happens.....like a squirrel or a mouse.  Anyway, Mom and Dad were outside workin' in the yard.  I had been doin' dog stuff.  Sniffin', diggin' and barkin'.  The neighbor peeps came over to help.  Of course, my buddy Max and Dumbo Thor had to come over too.  D Thor likes my Mom and I'm not sure, but I think Mom likes him.  Sometimes, that idea stays in my head.  The more I think about it, the more I don't like it.  

After I had thought about it for quite awhile, I came up with the bestest idea.  I was gonna do something about it.  I decided it was time to show D Thor who was the boss of this side of the creek.  For no reason, that anyone else could see, I showed my teeth, raised my hackles and lunged at DT (for short).  He didn't like it much and tried to get away from me.  That just stoked the fire!  I lunged again and he kept backing up!  By this time, I'm soundin' like a ferocious critter and Mom and Dad were heading my way.  That's when I thought it was important to show my family saving attributes so.... I lunged again.

Things then took a turn for the worst.  DT had reached the point of 'enough'.  In my defense, I did have him at a place of no return.  I had him backed up against the propane tank.  In his defense, Mom says I hafta put this part in my story, he really had done about everything possible to get away from me.  Thor bit me.  Not hard.  At least that is what Mom says.  I beg to differ, cos Mom wasn't the one who got bit.  It was at this exact moment though, that Mom and Dad got between us and stopped the fight.  It was too late.  I was layin' on the ground, wailing like a banshee!  Mom tried to pick me up and that made me wail even louder!  I had to follow Mom to the house and I walked sideways the whole distance.  When I got inside, I looked real sad, but I did let Mom look me over.  She said there was no blood and it seemed to be a long way from my heart and that I was fine.  Mom is mean.

A couple of days later, a little red place did appear on my tummy, so see, I wasn't fakin'.  But, anytime Mom tried to pick me up, I would let out a loud yelp.  Mom thinks the fight may have been a necessary evil, whatever that is, because Dumbo and I now seem to have a healthy respect of each other's space.  I think Mom has been in the eggnog. Sometimes I need time to plot my next move. 

I'm all better now, but I'm a bit worried about Mom.  I think that those marbles she lost musta been real important.  She did the weirdest thing ever.  She brought a tree into the house and put a bunch of stuff on it.  Even stuff that makes it light up the room at night!  But, here's the very weirdest part about it......I'm not supposed to use it like I do the outside trees!  

I gots to go look for those marbles!  Woof! 

No comments:

Post a Comment