Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Walk Through

We pulled into a small town cafe, in search of breakfast.  It was the typical small town eatery, the place where the locals gather for coffee and the latest scoop on whatever is going on at the time.  Many a world wide crisis have been solved around the coffee drinkers table.  

We sat facing each other in a booth and chatted with one of the local patrons at the counter.  Our waitress came, took our order and delivered our drinks.

The place was not too busy and the young man in the kitchen fixed our food in record time.  Our waitress set my husbands' plate in front of him.  Anyone who knows this man, knows what was on his plate.  Gravy.  Sausage gravy.  As far as the eye could see.  There were biscuits and hash browns in there too, but they stayed concealed under the gravy avalanche.  The waitress returned with my order, a double egg, bacon and cheese sandwich on toast.  It looked delicious and the first bite confirmed that.

We were not too many bites into breakfast when an older couple came into the restaurant.  Although there were several places to choose from to sit, the chose the booth that connected to ours, right behind me.  

I've seen the signs on many different occasions.  Mostly in a doctors office. They are the ones warning the patient that if they have on perfume, due to allergies, they may be asked to reschedule their appointment and come back scent free.  I always wondered about that.......

I was in to about bite number four when it hit me.  I looked at my husband and he just grinned.  The aroma of Evening In Paris came over me like a tsunami.  Seriously, it nearly rolled me over in my seat.  I tried not to breathe, but of course, that is impossible whilst one is eating.  The next time I opened my mouth to eat, the Eiffel Tower slammed into the back of my throat.  I was most grateful for the first few bites, because it was a great sandwich.

There is a rule of thumb for applying perfume.  First, spray it into the air and then, walk through the mist.  Do not worry if you cannot smell it.  The rest of us can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment