Monday, December 19, 2016

All Wrapped Up

     Tis' the season for glitter and tinsel, sparkling lights and garland,
village and Nativity scenes on the mantel and brightly wrapped packages under the tree.

     I've been wrapping like a crazy woman and not one thing I have wrapped so far is a gift.  Our journey here in North Carolina has come to an end.  It is time to move on to the next adventure in the peach state of Georgia.  

     Moving means packing and I have been busy wrapping plates, dishes and glasses, along with thinking paper plates and Solo cups are a wise choice.  It is weird to be doing this at Christmas time. This is the first time in six decades that I have not had a tree, a tree that would have nearly 4000 lights on it.  That's a lot of lights and it would literally keep the furnace from kicking on.  There are no Nativity scenes, gracing every flat surface I could find, or  miles of garland draped around each room.  For the first time in forever, the front hall stairway could be bare as a bone.....and I'm OK with that. I'm also OK with not having to put all that stuff away.

     Christmas time means a lot of things, but the most important is the gift of love.  We have made many new friends in this place and we love them all.  It will be hard saying good-bye and already, many a tear has been shed.  We will miss them and they will miss us, but the love we have shared will last a lifetime.

     After we unpack in Georgia, we plan to journey home for the holidays. There waits one of the greatest gifts of love,  the family.
Merry Christmas to you and yours, maybe we will see you when we are back.  I hear it is rather frigid in the land of Lincoln, so I will be digging out the heavy coats, so we can stay all wrapped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment