Monday, August 1, 2016

A Dog's Days of Summer

     Since Mom is buried knee deep in paperwork, she said I could write a story about my summer activities.  Sometimes Mom is not very fair, I would gladly get in the middle of her paper pile, but she said "No."  Hi, I'm Runtly, the ever so entertaining Jack Russell Terrier.

     Mom and Dad took me to the beach.  I do not like to ride in the big thing that goes fast, but since I do not like to be left behind, I went.  Actually, I did pretty good on this trip and did not have to take any "find a happy place" medicine.

     I did not like the water at the beach.  It chased me.  A couple of times it caught me and I had to run fast to get away.  I don't like to get wet, but I was quick and it only got my feet.  

     The beach is made of lots of tiny grains of stuff called sand.  Sand is my new best friend!  Mom showed me how I could dig in it and I dug a hole nearly to China....wherever that is.  It was much fun!  Plus, I rolled in it.  That was great! I had sand on my head, sand on my eyelashes, sand on my tail, sand on my.....well, it was everywhere!  Mom said the bed had more sand in it than the beach, but I don't think that is true.

     At this new place, there is a lot of stuff going on.  Some nice people came and put down big rugs of grass!  Oh, I do love to lay in the nice green grass.  That is until the geese get on it, then Mom does not let me lay in the grass.  The geese leave lots of nice green poo in the grass.  It is really tasty and I love to put some on my neck, like perfume.  This never makes Mom and Dad very happy. They should really try it, they might just change their minds.

     Although I do have a hankering for goose poo, I do not like the geese.  They hiss.  One day, the peoples in charge looked out and noticed a great big lot that had been planted with grass seed, was full of geese.  They were eating the seeds!  Mom put my training collar on me (it beeps, but sometimes it bites!) and I got to be a goose herder!  It was great fun!  I ran as fast as the wind right through the middle of the flock!  There was geese and feathers going all different directions!  Some of the geese raised their wings way up high trying to look scary, but I wasn't scared.  I chased them and chased them and one even tried to bite me!  I tried to bite him too, but ended up with only a piece of feather.  It was great fun and I chased them all out of the lot.  Since it had rained, the lot was muddy.....then I had to have a bath.  I do not like to get wet.

     I have made lots of canine friends here, but I really like people best.  My bestest friend is T.W., he calls me Jumper.  I always know when T.W. is home and I jump on his door.  He lets me in and I get to run all over his place.  Then he gives me a chip and sends me home.  The last chip was a spicy tortilla one, it was tasty. Sometimes the chips are really big.  I bring them home and walk around with them in my mouth and make a funny whining noise until somebody breaks them into small pieces for me.  T.W. is really tall and when he holds me I can see a long way.

     Mom put some silly thing on the deck for the little birds to eat from.  I do not like for Mom to play with other animals.  When she was trying to hang it, I decided to show her she needed to pay attention to me.  I jumped as high and as hard as I could....higher than the railing.  Mom turn to catch me and I hit so hard I almost broke her finger.  Now she wears some silly thing on her finger and will not let me play with it.  Sometimes Mom is mean.

     It is very hot here, but I like it and lay in the sun every chance I can get.  The End.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment