Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Stay Out Of It

     Last year, one of my new year's resolutions was to leave my opinion about current affairs out of my blog.  One of my reasons for this decision was to remain positive.  If I can make someone smile, laugh out loud, or just give some serious pondering to certain subject matters, that is my goal.

     Since that was last year and I do not believe I made any resolutions for this year, I'm going to step out of my comfort zone.

     Watching TV is something just about everybody in the country does.  There are an infinite number of shows that can be informative and entertaining.  Entertainment probably makes up 99.9% of the reason why people can sit for hours in front of the screen.  We do love to be entertained.

     Last night we watched one of our favorite shows.  When it was over, they aired a snippet of what would be on the next episode.  I was so disappointed when I saw who was going to be on the next show........the First Lady of the U.S.A.

     I don't care what political party you belong to, or if you just like to party, it makes no difference to me.  I won't call anyone an idiot for voting for someone I would not vote for and I expect the same respect.  I do not like politics because politics seems to be its own form of government.  I sat on my city council for four years, which I guess qualified me to run for governor.  I did not really understand all the workings of our government, but one thing I'm pretty sure of is, Hollywood is not a branch of the government. I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I'm getting really tired of them thinking they are.  

     Being actively involved in one's government is not something to be taken lightly.   I do not take kindly to seeing POTUS or Mrs. POTUS on my favorite show, or any show deemed entertaining.  They are not celebrities. Period.

     They are leaders.  Leaders of the freaking United States of America in the highest position of government this country has to offer.  So, please, stay out of my favorite show or sitcom and hold yourself responsible to the office you were elected to.  We the people need to know you are on top of important issues and not standing "stage left" rehearsing your lines.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment