Thursday, March 24, 2016

Heaven's Chains

     It was Christmas break, 2007.  At that time we were in the student transportation business and the time off for the holidays was always a welcomed event.

     My husband left that morning, like he did everyday, to make sure all the buses were in good working order.  When he left, I noticed the music playing.

     Our children had given my husband an under the cabinet combination radio, CD player for Christmas.  He had wasted no time installing it in the kitchen.  The man likes his music.  I, on the other hand, rarely have music playing in the background.  I attribute this to the fact that there is usually a loop feed of some song playing in my head and I just listen to it.  Right now, it's "Once I was seven years old.....".  I thought about getting out of my chair and turning the radio off, but my mind drifted to another place and I left it on.

     I don't think I had ever been so sad in my entire life.  Mother had been gone nearly four months.  It did not seem possible.  Her passing had left me with a vacancy in my soul that I didn't think would ever be filled again.  I sat in my chair, book in hand and began to read.  I was reading a book by psychic medium, John Edward, titled The Other Side.  I had been a fan of John Edward for quite awhile, so his stories were not something new to me.  

     I was just finishing a chapter in the book about a man who had gone to John for a reading.  This man wanted to know if his father, who had passed, was at his wedding.  The man said someone told the DJ, at the wedding reception, to play a song different from the one that had been prearranged for the Mother/Son dance.  He took the DJ around the reception hall, looking for the man who told him to change the song, but the man was nowhere to be found.  He finally asked the DJ to describe the man to him and the DJ described this man's father to a tee.  

     The song that was played was, Wind Beneath My Wings.  That song had been this man's parent's song.  The information the man was looking for did not come through in the reading.  The man and his wife left the reading and went to their car.  He said while they sat there, they could feel the presence of his father.  When he turned the key to start the car, Wind Beneath My Wings was playing on the radio.

     I put the book in my lap and just sat there, thinking about Mom. Suddenly, I felt something.  It felt like static electricity in the air.  I looked at my arm and could literally see the hairs beginning to stand on end.  I uttered out loud, "What the h....." and that's when I heard it.  My head snapped up and I stared across the kitchen at the radio.  The first words I heard were, "Did you ever know that you're my hero?"......Wind Beneath My Wings was playing.

     I recently wrote about finding feathers.  Feathers have a significant meaning to my family.  They let us know that we are never truly alone and our loved ones who have passed are never truly gone.  My oldest daughter had the first feather encounter and she knew they were from one of her dearest friends who had passed a little over one year ago.  Her finding led me to find a feather the very next day.  I was then inspired to write "Tale Feathers".  When the friends' mother read it, she shared the following with me:

     "Interesting that you should post this article today.  I am in a hotel at a conference this week.  I was in the bathroom Monday morning, fixing my hair, when a white feather floated down beside me.  I picked it up, pondering the meaning, then laid it on the silver tray on the sink.  I left the bathroom and got dressed.  When I returned, the feather was gone and I was unable to find it anywhere.  The next day, at the conference, I received a surprise award that my family attended without my prior knowledge.  I then knew where that feather came from and why."

     At the precise moment she told me this, I found another white feather identical to the first one.  I have done a tremendous amount of walking in this new place of residence and those were the first feathers I have seen.......and believe me when I say, when you live in an area where there are many dogs and the many of the owners of said dogs do not clean up after them, you always walk with your head down.

     There is no sense of time on the other side of the veil.  Things that are past, present and future are all rolled into one.  This gives way to the Heavenly chain of events that take place, in order to let us know, that love is eternal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment