Thursday, December 10, 2015

Here We Go.......Again?

     Once upon a time, there was a wasp.  The wasp was sitting on a wooden hand rail, eating something sweet.  I do not recall exactly what it was eating, but I found it rather fascinating.  I went into the house and returned with a small amount of jelly on a spoon.  I took my finger and placed a bit of the jelly in front of the wasp.  To my delight, the wasp eagerly devoured the jelly.  I gave the wasp more jelly and again, the wasp ate it.  I continued to do this, thinking how cool it was to be feeding a wasp, until something happened.......The wasp stung me.

     If my memory serves me right, I believe that was the last time I was ever stung.  I had learned a valuable lesson.......do not test the laws of nature.  The laws of the universe were set into motion for a reason.  They keep things in order.  They do not hold within them prejudice or preference, they simply exist.  They do not care if we break them because they will continue on, as they have done since the beginning, throughout infinity

     I'm breaking one of my new year's resolutions, to stay out of stuff in the news.  With the recent rampage in California, I can't help but tip toe through the politically correct mess this country is in.  If a spade is a spade, then it should not be called a diamond, club, heart, rake or a hoe.  It's a spade.  If we play with fire, eventually we will get burned.  If we continue to think we can rationalize with folks who DO NOT share our way of life or belief systems and use all means of force to prove it, we will continue to be found holding the short end of the stick.  If we continue to cry for gun control, then by all means, throw nuts, bolts, screws, nails, galvanized pipe, pressure cookers, remote controlled cars, backpacks and a can of green beans into the mix.  If there was ever a call for confiscation of our weapons, by what means do you think they would take them?

     We know the tree by the fruit it produces.  The same is true with people, by their fruits we shall know them.  Actions speak louder than words. 

     Kevin Richardson, the guy who plays with lions, knows full well the danger he may find himself in some day.  He knows that he is testing the laws.  The late Steve Irwin, who spent and gave his life with all kinds of wildlife, also knew he was pushing the envelope on the laws of nature.  If Steve was still around today, I believe we would hear him saying, "Danger, danger, danger!"

No comments:

Post a Comment