Monday, December 21, 2015

Dear Santa Paws

     I have been a really good dog.  

     I have learned to sort of not do my business in the house.

     I have shredded lots of things....that is what dogs do and I work very hard at doing it right.

     I have only rolled in the most delectable things that I have found outside, although Mom and Dad do not always agree on this.

     I try really hard to be nice to Tigger the cat.  I only bite him when it is appropriate.

     I only bark when it is necessary, morning time, afternoon time and night time.

     I have learned lots of tricks.  I can sit, but not stay very well, shake hands, lay down, roll over and stand pretty on my back legs...which I think is silly, but I still do it.

     I have done my very best to chase the Nasty Cat out of the yard. He is really mean and does not need any presents.

     Mom has brought a tree into the house and I have not yet used it for its intended purpose.... she did hang some really neat bells on the bottom of it, but I don't know why.

     I am very nice to all the humans that come into my house.  I jump on them over and over and over again to make them feel welcomed.  Plus, I make sure they leave with some white dog hair on their apparel.

     Mom told me the Christmas story, about the little baby in the manger who came to make things better for us all.  I hope he likes dogs.

     Mom said that I could write you a letter and tell you all the things I want for Christmas but I can't think of anything I really need.  I have a nice home and I love my peeps very much.  They provide just about everything I need to get through the day....food and water in my bowls and a warm lap to sit in and sometimes, Santa, I get to sleep in their bed.....all night!...that is most special!

     I guess maybe I do need something because today I got a really bad ow-wee.  I was playing fetch with my favorite red collar.  I was running as fast as I can run, to catch my red collar, but forgot to watch were I was going.  I ran right into the edge of the doorway going out of the kitchen.  It hurt really bad and I spent all day looking sad, pitiful and wrapped up in a blanket.  So, Santa, if it is not too much trouble, I would like a doorway bumper pad.

     And maybe just one more thing, Santa.  Dad has to leave soon and Mom says he will be gone for quite awhile.  I will miss him.  If you could, make sure Dad finds a place that likes dogs.....and cats.

     Thank-you in advance and Merry Christmas to you!

     Yours Most Sheddingly,

      Runtly 

     

     

      

No comments:

Post a Comment