Monday, June 15, 2015

When Pigs Fly.....Or Not

     It was late, after 9 p.m., and I was giving some serious thought to going to bed.  Maybe I would settle in and find some show about UFO's, one of my favorite subjects, on the television.  About the time I was having these thoughts, the bedroom door burst open and my husband said, "Come on!  Let's go for a ride!".  I thought surely I was more tired than I realized, had fallen asleep and was dreaming.  

     That was not the case.  This was real and I was thinking who was this person who looked and sounded like my husband.  "You've got to see this lightening!"  It's important to understand something about my husband.....Mr. Hunka Hunka Burnin' Love rarely shows emotional excitement....unless he is standing in the middle of a car show full of old muscle cars. 

     Figuring that the outdoor phenomenon was worth viewing, I hopped up and we made our way to the garage.  We drove north out of town, took a couple of country back roads, dodged a couple of deer and turned north again before coming to a stop.  He was right.  The lightening was extraordinary.  It was several miles from us, but it never stopped.  The lightening was streaking across miles of clouded sky, creating an amazing light show.  I stepped out of the car, said a silent prayer that I would not get trampled by another deer and began to video the scene.  We drove on a little farther north and enjoyed this natural performance before heading back to town.

     As we entered our small community of 1200 souls, we were greeted at the first four-way stop by another natural phenomenon.
There, in the middle of the road, sat a pig.  Not just a pig, but a sow.  Not just a sow, but a huge ma-honkin' sow.  If she had been standing, her head would have been higher than the hood of the car. We turned right to head up through the main part of town and before we had driven a block, there were two more huge pigs in the street.

     This bacon parade was causing quite a stir with some of the locals and I called the county sheriff's office to see if they had any reports of pigs on patrol.  They chuckled and assured me they had and an officer was on the way.  We drove home and wondered if this was a planned pork escape or just a faulty latch on the gate.

     A recent newspaper article stated that Illinois ranked in the top five for states with the most UFO sightings.  Imagine my excitement when, the next afternoon, I watched the video of the lightening show.  Traveling across the screen was a small white object, that had not been seen the night before.  Towards the end of the recording, this small white object zipped out of sight.  

     I was elated!  I had proof!  I shared it on Facebook!  It had over two hundred views in just a few hours!............and then I set down and watched it again.  That is when I discovered the anomaly in the video had something to do with the zoom function on the camera...sigh....it was fun while it lasted.

     We later learned the truck carrying the hooved Houdini's came back for the pranky porksters.  The driver got out, put the ramp down and all three simply walked up the ramp back into the truck.

     Pigs may not fly and I did not film the greatest UFO sighting ever, but the next time my husband says "Let's go for a ride!", I'll not think twice about it.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment