Monday, August 26, 2019

From The Desk of The Dog

My Last Summer Vacation

Hello everyone!  It's Runtly, the ever so entertaining Jack Russell Terrier, JRT for short!  Mom and Dad have drug me all over God's green earth this summer!  They seem to forget that I do not really like to ride in the car!  But, this last trip, I tricked them and learned something new!  Bear with me.  Mom says wrong bear, what does she know, she's afraid of bears!

Anyway, I have been in the car for over 4000 miles this summer.  I don't know why we had to go so much.  The last trip, though, I figured out a new plan.  We left really early in the morning.  I sure wasn't done sleepin' when Mom woke me up and told me we were going to go see my Mama......again!  It was dark when we left and they put me in my crate and strapped me down in the back seat.  See, they thought that if I could not see where I was going, I would ride better that way.......NOT!  We didn't get too far down the road and I let them know I needed to get out.

I did this as many times as possible and it worked each time.  Then we stopped to see some peeps we had not seen in a long time.  They live in Kentucky, whatever and wherever that is.  I don't forget anybody I get to smell.  As soon as I got a whiff of them, I was happy to see them too.  

Mom says we visited with those people for almost an hour.  I don't know what that is either.  That is probably the funniest thing about my human peeps, they are always talkin' 'bout time.  Too bad they don't know that the only time there really is, is right now.  Anywho, we had no more got back out on the road and I let them know I needed to get out again.  Mom finally figured it out.

I didn't need to go potty again.  Good grief, I had pottied 20 times already, with no drink!  Sometimes Mom and Dad are just slow learners.  Mom reached in the back seat and wallerd , Mom says that's wrong too, wish I had an eye roll emoji.  She wallerd around and got my crate undone and let me out.  BINGO!

I spent the rest of the trip to see my Mama and the entire trip back home in Mom's lap!  There was a time or two that I got really scared though.  Usually when Dad had to make smoke.  He always opens the window and lets the loud air rush in and the loud sounds from the road rush in too.  He finally just made smoke when we went through the slow spaces.  Mom says they were construction zones....whatever.  Dad just needs to quit makin' smoke.  I did kinda pay him back, it took him a whole day to get all my dog hair out of the car.  Wish I had a smiley emoji.

At least I didn't get sick this time.....but Mom did.  She laid on the bathroom floor for a really long time and I tried to help.  I licked her eyes, ears and face but she said it didn't help.  So, I just sat on the bed and watched her barf.  Mom says I'm done now.  Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment