Tuesday, February 5, 2019

From The Desk of the Dog

Mom and I have sure had some interesting days lately.  She said she already told the story about our walk the other day, but my version of it is pretty good too.

First, Mom just needs to learn to say "No".  She does not seem to have a problem saying it to me, so when she is asked to do something she really does not want to do, she should just say "No". I don't know what made her want to walk another dog.  Personally, it's rather insulting.  She gets it in her head that I might need more doggy company, since I just hang out with her and Dad.  That is a ridiculous assumption on her part, I'm perfectly happy with my favorite peeps.  

We went to the other dog's home to get her.  Alright, Vanna is a good looking dog, just not my type.  Too leggy for my taste.  Anyway, we had not gone too far when Vanna made my Mom fly like a bird.  Then Mom just laid on the ground, on her back, looking skyward.  I must admit, for a minute I was not sure what to do first, try to get Vanna to stop pulling Mom's arm out of its socket, or try to help Mom get up.  Since the last option looked way out of my expertise, I did the best thing I knew to do.  I barked and barked and barked.  It paid off too, a nice man came and helped Mom get off the ground.  One thing is for sure, no more walks with "Legs", which suits me just fine.

Mom and I walk every morning.  It's fun other than the fact that Mom goes lots further than I want to.  I try everyday to make the right turn to head for home and she drags me the other direction.  She says it's good for me.  I don't know about that because I have to take a 3 hour nap when we return.  Mom says I sleep more than a cat.  I say hey, go walk a cat a mile and a half and see how long it sleeps!

Mom made some tasty cheesy snacks the other day.  They were not for me, but she made the mistake of giving me one.  They are the best.  She keeps them in a plastic bag with a zipper on the top and then puts that bag into the refrigerator.  She does the same thing when she cooks up a bunch of bacon, keeps it in one of those bags in the frig.  Bacon, proof there is a dog God.  I do love bacon.  Mom gives a lame excuse that I really should not eat too many cheesy bites or bacon and sometimes she tries to sneak them for herself.  It's too funny to listen to her go into the kitchen, all in stealth mode, open the frig door and remove a plastic bag.  Then, she tries to open it as quietly as possible.  LOL!  I can hear that zipper slide from clear under the bed in the back bedroom! Good grief, I can hear the dog next door pass gas......Mom just doesn't get it.

The last couple of days, on our walks, I have seen the Big Uglies.  Mom says they are buzzards but they be Big Uglies to me!  They sit on top of the building across the street.  Bunches of them!  Mom says they are just drying the morning dew from their feathers but they look like they are getting ready to dive bomb me.  I bark at them too.  One morning while I was barking at them, two Big Uglies waddled up from the other side of the roof to check me out.  Mom said they were just checking to see if I was still breathing.  I'm not sure what that meant.

Well, the little pads on my feet are getting worn out and I be tired again.  Runtly, the ever so entertaining Jack Russell Terrier, is signing off.  Nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment