Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Remembering

Most of us will never forget.  At least those of us old enough to remember.  We will not forget where we were or what we were doing when the tragedy, that was and still is, happened on September 11, 2001.  It has become the second 'where were you' in my lifetime.  The first was the assassination of President Kennedy.

I had gone to town to pay a utility bill when, just as I was getting back in my car, the phone rang.  "Mom", said my oldest daughter, "There's something going on in New York City."

I raced home and turned on the television.  The first plane had already hit the North Tower.  I remember sitting there feeling so helpless, wondering what in the world was going on.  I called my husband and tearfully told him what was happening.  "They" had used our own planes to bomb us.  I never gave a second thought to how quickly the news anchors knew who the culprits were behind this atrocity and how they did it.   

As I watched the second plane fly into the South Tower, my mind went back to the year of 1974.  I had just graduated from high school.  My older sister had taken me to NYC for my graduation gift.  I remember being so enthralled with the people, the traffic, the tall buildings as far as the eye could see.  I remembered the dress. The dress I purchased in a small shop located on the ground floor of one of the World Trade Center towers.....it was purple with a paisley pattern.

As the memory of that dress began to fade back to the carnage on the screen, the first Tower started to collapse.  I sat there watching, feeling like I was in a bad dream, when some weird thing went off somewhere in the back of my brain.  The only time I had ever seen a building collapse like that was when it had be set up for demolition.

During President John F. Kennedy's administration there was an effort put forth under the name of Operation Northwoods.  Its purpose was to create a false flag in order to go to war with Cuba. One of the ideas mentioned in this operation was flying planes into buildings...our buildings and blaming it on Cuba.

Shortly before his death, President Kennedy spoke of the underhandedness of secret societies.  President Dwight Eisenhower, in his farewell speech, warned of the industrialized military complex.  

It's been sixteen years.  Let us never forget those who perished for no good reason.







No comments:

Post a Comment