Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Coming & Going

The last four months have gone by so quickly and in such a blur I'm never quite sure exactly where I am.  I have to stop and check my bearings before I try to go somewhere in the vehicle.  It is nothing like Atlanta, Georgia traffic here, but no one likes to wait on the lady in the little black truck, to make up her mind as to which way she is turning, when the light turns green.   

Just the other day, I was talking about an episode that I was sure had happened in the peach state.  My young friend, Jazzie, smiled at me and reminded me that it had actually happened here, in North Carolina, right after we had arrived.  So, not only am I confused as to my whereabouts, I'm repeating myself.  

One thing is for sure though, I at least know what day of the week it is.....as long as it is Monday or Tuesday.  The trash pick-up is always on Monday, and the landscaping people always mow on Tuesday, rain or shine.  After that, it's anyone's guess as to the day of the week.  

I have yet to venture to one of my favorite grocery stores.  I have thought about it a lot, laying in bed in the wee morning hours, imagining driving the once familiar streets.  I figure if I do that enough, I will be able to make the trip without the panic of wondering if I turned right when it should have been a left.  

It has been said that it takes twenty one days to make or break a habit.  I guess that is true and possibly in another week or so, I will remember which light switch turns on which light.  The first learned new habit was a quick one and concerned the front door.  It is in the wall to our right, as we leave our humble abode, but directly in front of whoever is walking towards the front door, is a closet door.  It did not take too long to realize that opening the closet door did not get me to my destination, but it sure is fun to watch other people do it.  I really had to stifle my amusement when the internet guy nearly walked into the closet before he got himself slowed down.  I assured him he was not the first, nor would he be the last.

All the boxes have been unpacked and the only things that are still missing in action are two of Runtly's , the ever so entertaining Jack Russell Terrier, toys.  I know they are somewhere and will surely run across them in some mysteriously strange place.  When I do, I will most likely think, "How on earth did they end up in here?" Hopefully, that will happen the next time I meet myself coming and going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment